The noise barrage was staged by the women detainees around noon today to express their rage over the court’s denial of the motion to release on recognizance for humanitarian reasons for Carina “Judilyn” Oliveros and her baby.
Oliveros was brought back to Camp Bagong Diwa (CBD) yesterday around noon. Her 3-week old infant is staying with her inside a very cramped and damp cell. The cell, meant to house 9 inmates, was used to detain the 23 female health workers among the Morong 43.
“We are outraged of the prison official’s drastic and inhumane response to the female detainees’ peaceful expression of discontent. They did not violate any prison policy and thus do not deserve such maltreatment,” Carlos Montemayor, RN, spokesperson of the alliance said.
Montemayor expressed that in essence, CBD officials are punishing the Morong 43 detainees to suppress their rights to freedom of expression. “The prison official’s Pavlovian conditioning is used to further curtail the detainees’ political and civil rights,” Montemayor added.
The alliance asserts that the motion for release on recognizance must be reconsidered by the court based on humanitarian grounds. Meanwhile, the group calls for a safe and separate facility in CBD to allow Oliveros to breastfeed and take care of her infant.##
Carlos Montemayor, RN
FREE THE 43 HEALTH WORKERS ALLIANCE
Cellphone # : 0922 499 6237
Thursday, August 19, 2010
- Dec (35)
- Nov (24)
- Oct (21)
- Sep (12)
- Sidebar: Three Months Not Enough for Nursing Mom, ...
- Alliance to jail officials: Implement court order ...
- Women's Global Network for Reproductive Rights -- ...
- Court grants Judilyn Oliveros' plea to breastfeed ...
- Letter to DOJ Secretary De Lima re-Morong 43
- Press Statement by the Morong 43 detainees from Ca...
- On the Inhumane Justice Based on the Illegal Arres...
- LOREN APPEALS FOR JUDICIAL HUMANITARIANISM: ALLOW ...
- To P-Noy : Learn from personal and collective his...
- Statement Sen. Teofisto “TG” Guingona on Judilyn O...
- Visiting hours suspended today because of Morong 4...
- Group disappointed by court decision; outraged by ...
- To the families of the 43 detained health workers:...
- HEAD to PNoy: Strengthen People-Based Health Progr...
- Court defers arraignment of 'Morong 43' anew
- De Lima Supports Non-Separation of Morong 43 Mom, ...
- Some injustices can be corrected now, even without...
- DOJ chief won’t let Morong 43 detainee separated f...
- Office of the General Assembly Gradye Pa...
- Jul (9)
- Jun (21)
- May (5)
- Apr (22)
- Mar (30)
- Feb (58)
- QC-RTC Branch 226 pinagpaliban ang kaso ng Morong 43 vs GMA
- Pagdinig ng QC-RTC Branch 226 sa kaso ng Morong 43 muling ipinagpaliban
- Court hears P15M damage suit filed by Morong 43 vs Arroyo, former top military, police officials
- President slammed over inaction in ‘Morong 43’ case
- Joker Arroyo: Releasing ‘Morong 43’ simple justice
- DoJ chief gives Aquino revised memo on 'Morong 43'
- Palace vows to heed call of Morong 43 -- mb.com.ph
- 'Morong 43' on hunger strike to ask for release -- GMA News.tv
- 'Morong 43' go on hunger strike -- Asian Correspondent
- 'Morong 43' holds hunger strike -- Sun Star Manila
- ‘Morong 43’ goes on hunger strike -- ATN
- 'Morong 43' on hunger strike to ask for release
- Morong 43 go on hunger strike -- ABS CBN News
- AMID ‘MUTINEERS’ IMPENDING RELEASE Aquino asked: What about the Morong 43? -- Inquirer.net
- Morong 43 report under review -- Palace legal team