The FREE THE 43 HEALTH WORKERS ALLIANCE was dismayed over the Morong Regional Trial Court’s decision to deny the motion to release under recognizance Judilyn Oliveros, one of the Morong 43 who recently gave birth.
Dated August 16, 2010, the decision penned by Judge Gina Cenat Escoto of Morong RTC Branch 78 directed the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP) to immediately return Oliveros to Camp Bagong Diwa in Bicutan yesterday, Aug. 18 at around noontime.
Carlos Montemayor, spokesperson of the group said they were disappointed that the court failed to recognize the weight of their compelling reasons to bring Oliveros and her child together outside of detention. Meanwhile, they were outraged by the unjust manner how jail guards and escorts breached hospital protocols and served the court order.
Guarded with 15-20 guards mostly with long arms, Oliveros was forcibly taken out of the hospital. She was shackled on the way out of the PGH until she boarded the security vehicle and was only allowed to remove her handcuffs inside the said vehicle to hold her child.
“We are disappointed that the rights of mother and child were subverted when they were brought back to Camp Bagong Diwa.”
The group said that Oliveros thru her counsels sought the “release on recognizance” as a legal remedy on the belief and reasonable hope that the state would recognize the right of the mother to take care of the child outside the detention cell.
Montemayor asserted that Oliveros is not a convicted felon and was detained under unlawful means. Her rights were violated when she was illegally arrested along with her colleagues, psychologically tortured and continuously tormented by illegal detention.
This incident is a setback on the respect for human rights; the alliance resolves to work for the immediate release of Judilyn and her baby. As of today, the counsels for the Morong 43 are filing a motion for reconsideration.
Carlos Montemayor, RN
FREE THE 43 HEALTH WORKERS ALLIANCE
Cellphone # : 0922 499 6237
- Dec (35)
- Nov (24)
- Oct (21)
- Sep (12)
- Sidebar: Three Months Not Enough for Nursing Mom, ...
- Alliance to jail officials: Implement court order ...
- Women's Global Network for Reproductive Rights -- ...
- Court grants Judilyn Oliveros' plea to breastfeed ...
- Letter to DOJ Secretary De Lima re-Morong 43
- Press Statement by the Morong 43 detainees from Ca...
- On the Inhumane Justice Based on the Illegal Arres...
- LOREN APPEALS FOR JUDICIAL HUMANITARIANISM: ALLOW ...
- To P-Noy : Learn from personal and collective his...
- Statement Sen. Teofisto “TG” Guingona on Judilyn O...
- Visiting hours suspended today because of Morong 4...
- Group disappointed by court decision; outraged by ...
- To the families of the 43 detained health workers:...
- HEAD to PNoy: Strengthen People-Based Health Progr...
- Court defers arraignment of 'Morong 43' anew
- De Lima Supports Non-Separation of Morong 43 Mom, ...
- Some injustices can be corrected now, even without...
- DOJ chief won’t let Morong 43 detainee separated f...
- Office of the General Assembly Gradye Pa...
- Jul (9)
- Jun (21)
- May (5)
- Apr (22)
- Mar (30)
- Feb (58)
- QC-RTC Branch 226 pinagpaliban ang kaso ng Morong 43 vs GMA
- Pagdinig ng QC-RTC Branch 226 sa kaso ng Morong 43 muling ipinagpaliban
- Court hears P15M damage suit filed by Morong 43 vs Arroyo, former top military, police officials
- President slammed over inaction in ‘Morong 43’ case
- Joker Arroyo: Releasing ‘Morong 43’ simple justice
- DoJ chief gives Aquino revised memo on 'Morong 43'
- Palace vows to heed call of Morong 43 -- mb.com.ph
- 'Morong 43' on hunger strike to ask for release -- GMA News.tv
- 'Morong 43' go on hunger strike -- Asian Correspondent
- 'Morong 43' holds hunger strike -- Sun Star Manila
- ‘Morong 43’ goes on hunger strike -- ATN
- 'Morong 43' on hunger strike to ask for release
- Morong 43 go on hunger strike -- ABS CBN News
- AMID ‘MUTINEERS’ IMPENDING RELEASE Aquino asked: What about the Morong 43? -- Inquirer.net
- Morong 43 report under review -- Palace legal team