Free the 43 Health Workers! Alliance today expressed disappointment over the delayed transfer of Carina “Judilyn” Oliveros and her baby to the Philippine General Hospital despite very clear court orders issued by Judge Gina Cenit-Escoto on August 25 granting Oliveros’ plea to continue breastfeeding her newborn outside the prison complex.
“Despite the August 25 court order and the jail warden’s personal knowledge of the decision, jail officials are delaying the transfer of Judilyn and her son citing reasons that are plainly unacceptable,” Carlos Montemayor, spokesperson of the alliance said.
Every hour that the mother and baby spend inside the jail is a risk to the latter’s health and welfare. The baby’s stay with his mother inside detention is also tantamount to his unjust incarceration, Montemayor added.
“Jail officials should transfer Judilyn and her baby now lest they be cited with contempt by the Morong 43’s legal counsels,” said Montemayor.
The group finally said that these inactions of the BJMP are part of the ensuing human rights violations under the present government against the Morong 43. They call that the 43 health workers and all political prisoners be released.##
Carlos Montemayor, RN
Mobile Number: 0922 499 6237
Friday, August 27, 2010
- Dec (35)
- Nov (24)
- Oct (21)
- Sep (12)
- Sidebar: Three Months Not Enough for Nursing Mom, ...
- Alliance to jail officials: Implement court order ...
- Women's Global Network for Reproductive Rights -- ...
- Court grants Judilyn Oliveros' plea to breastfeed ...
- Letter to DOJ Secretary De Lima re-Morong 43
- Press Statement by the Morong 43 detainees from Ca...
- On the Inhumane Justice Based on the Illegal Arres...
- LOREN APPEALS FOR JUDICIAL HUMANITARIANISM: ALLOW ...
- To P-Noy : Learn from personal and collective his...
- Statement Sen. Teofisto “TG” Guingona on Judilyn O...
- Visiting hours suspended today because of Morong 4...
- Group disappointed by court decision; outraged by ...
- To the families of the 43 detained health workers:...
- HEAD to PNoy: Strengthen People-Based Health Progr...
- Court defers arraignment of 'Morong 43' anew
- De Lima Supports Non-Separation of Morong 43 Mom, ...
- Some injustices can be corrected now, even without...
- DOJ chief won’t let Morong 43 detainee separated f...
- Office of the General Assembly Gradye Pa...
- Jul (9)
- Jun (21)
- May (5)
- Apr (22)
- Mar (30)
- Feb (58)
- QC-RTC Branch 226 pinagpaliban ang kaso ng Morong 43 vs GMA
- Pagdinig ng QC-RTC Branch 226 sa kaso ng Morong 43 muling ipinagpaliban
- Court hears P15M damage suit filed by Morong 43 vs Arroyo, former top military, police officials
- President slammed over inaction in ‘Morong 43’ case
- Joker Arroyo: Releasing ‘Morong 43’ simple justice
- DoJ chief gives Aquino revised memo on 'Morong 43'
- Palace vows to heed call of Morong 43 -- mb.com.ph
- 'Morong 43' on hunger strike to ask for release -- GMA News.tv
- 'Morong 43' go on hunger strike -- Asian Correspondent
- 'Morong 43' holds hunger strike -- Sun Star Manila
- ‘Morong 43’ goes on hunger strike -- ATN
- 'Morong 43' on hunger strike to ask for release
- Morong 43 go on hunger strike -- ABS CBN News
- AMID ‘MUTINEERS’ IMPENDING RELEASE Aquino asked: What about the Morong 43? -- Inquirer.net
- Morong 43 report under review -- Palace legal team