We, the 43 health workers (Morong 43), are on a protest fast since August 21. We denounce the continuing gross violation of our human rights and the denial of the rule of law on our case. We protest the inhumane and unjust decision of the lower court to bring Judilyn Oliveros and her baby back to prison.
We were arrested last February 6 2010 while undergoing community health training. The arrest was based on a defective warrant. In detention, we were subjected to physical and psychological torture while kept blindfolded and handcuffed in the hands of the military. We had experienced prolonged torture and solitary confinement. We were denied counsel during our arrest and after 36 hours of torture. We are languishing in jail for seven months now.
Recently, the lower court denied the motion for release on recognizance for Judilyn and her baby. The decision of the lower court is utterly inhumane. Prison conditions for a baby and mother are very harsh. Aside from 23 female inmates jampacked in one detention cell, all kinds of infectious diseases including tuberculosis are afflicting us like plague. Big rats have already bitten some inmates.
We demand the immediate release of Judilyn and her baby. We ask Pres. Benigno Simeon Aquino III to emulate his mother, the late Pres. Corazon Aquino, to release all political prisoners as a democratic and goodwill measure.
Dr. Geneve Rivera-Reyes
Mobile Number: 0920 460 3712
Carlos Montemayor, RN
Mobile Number: 0922 499 6237
For the Free the 43 Health Workers! Alliance
Monday, August 23, 2010
- Dec (35)
- Nov (24)
- Oct (21)
- Sep (12)
- Sidebar: Three Months Not Enough for Nursing Mom, ...
- Alliance to jail officials: Implement court order ...
- Women's Global Network for Reproductive Rights -- ...
- Court grants Judilyn Oliveros' plea to breastfeed ...
- Letter to DOJ Secretary De Lima re-Morong 43
- Press Statement by the Morong 43 detainees from Ca...
- On the Inhumane Justice Based on the Illegal Arres...
- LOREN APPEALS FOR JUDICIAL HUMANITARIANISM: ALLOW ...
- To P-Noy : Learn from personal and collective his...
- Statement Sen. Teofisto “TG” Guingona on Judilyn O...
- Visiting hours suspended today because of Morong 4...
- Group disappointed by court decision; outraged by ...
- To the families of the 43 detained health workers:...
- HEAD to PNoy: Strengthen People-Based Health Progr...
- Court defers arraignment of 'Morong 43' anew
- De Lima Supports Non-Separation of Morong 43 Mom, ...
- Some injustices can be corrected now, even without...
- DOJ chief won’t let Morong 43 detainee separated f...
- Office of the General Assembly Gradye Pa...
- Jul (9)
- Jun (21)
- May (5)
- Apr (22)
- Mar (30)
- Feb (58)
- QC-RTC Branch 226 pinagpaliban ang kaso ng Morong 43 vs GMA
- Pagdinig ng QC-RTC Branch 226 sa kaso ng Morong 43 muling ipinagpaliban
- Court hears P15M damage suit filed by Morong 43 vs Arroyo, former top military, police officials
- President slammed over inaction in ‘Morong 43’ case
- Joker Arroyo: Releasing ‘Morong 43’ simple justice
- DoJ chief gives Aquino revised memo on 'Morong 43'
- Palace vows to heed call of Morong 43 -- mb.com.ph
- 'Morong 43' on hunger strike to ask for release -- GMA News.tv
- 'Morong 43' go on hunger strike -- Asian Correspondent
- 'Morong 43' holds hunger strike -- Sun Star Manila
- ‘Morong 43’ goes on hunger strike -- ATN
- 'Morong 43' on hunger strike to ask for release
- Morong 43 go on hunger strike -- ABS CBN News
- AMID ‘MUTINEERS’ IMPENDING RELEASE Aquino asked: What about the Morong 43? -- Inquirer.net
- Morong 43 report under review -- Palace legal team