Free the 43 Health Workers Now Alliance joins the world in mourning the loss of its young and dedicated labor leader, Mr. John Delloro. Our opportunity to know John came at a most difficult time for the health sector and the people’s movement – during the illegal arrest, detention, and torture of 43 Filipino health workers.
The Asian Pacific Labor American Alliance (AFL-CIO) under the leadership of Mr. Delloro was one of the first international organizations to express their condemnation to the Philippine government for unjustly targeting and arresting 43 health workers in Morong, Rizal, Philippines on February 6. These health workers, comprised of 2 medical doctors, a nurse, 2 midwives, and 38 community health workers serve the poor and the underserved. He was among the first Filipino-Americans to express solidarity for the struggle of these health workers, their families, and the entire population they serve.
John will be greatly missed by people whose lives he touched by living his own in the best way he knew how: to serve the people.
May the legacy of John Delloro be emulated a thousand-fold!
Long live the memory of John Delloro!
Long live the people’s struggle for health and human rights!
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
- Dec (35)
- Nov (24)
- Oct (21)
- Sep (12)
- Aug (19)
- Jul (9)
- High hopes for immediate end to human rights abuse...
- President Benigno Aquino III – Free the Health Wor...
- “Free the 43! No Justice, No Peace, Free the 43!”
- An Open Letter to President Aquino
- Filipinos Mobilise British Union on Impunity in th...
- Statement of Gratitude to Our International Suppor...
- Sta. Cruz farmers cry harassment vs. military
- Ecumenical Voice reports back on their engagement ...
- ‘Daang matuwid’ points to freeing Morong 43
- Morong 43 relatives pay visit to Aquino home to pl...
- Roneo Clamor delivers oral intervention on the Mor...
- AFP’s commitment to human rights, a big lie
- V&VN: laat Morong 43 vrij
- Pregnancy in Prison, Two Women Contemplate The Fat...
- Letter of condolence to the family, friends, and c...
- APALA Mourns Loss of National President John Dello...
- Free the 43 Health Workers and all Political Priso...
- World Council of Churches expresses deep concern a...
- GENEVA, JUNE 7 – In a clear signal of continuing s...
- The Case of the Morong 43: emblematic of systemic...
- Philippine NGO delegation conducts side event duri...
- May (5)
- Apr (22)
- Mar (30)
- Feb (58)
- QC-RTC Branch 226 pinagpaliban ang kaso ng Morong 43 vs GMA
- Pagdinig ng QC-RTC Branch 226 sa kaso ng Morong 43 muling ipinagpaliban
- Court hears P15M damage suit filed by Morong 43 vs Arroyo, former top military, police officials
- President slammed over inaction in ‘Morong 43’ case
- Joker Arroyo: Releasing ‘Morong 43’ simple justice
- DoJ chief gives Aquino revised memo on 'Morong 43'
- Palace vows to heed call of Morong 43 -- mb.com.ph
- 'Morong 43' on hunger strike to ask for release -- GMA News.tv
- 'Morong 43' go on hunger strike -- Asian Correspondent
- 'Morong 43' holds hunger strike -- Sun Star Manila
- ‘Morong 43’ goes on hunger strike -- ATN
- 'Morong 43' on hunger strike to ask for release
- Morong 43 go on hunger strike -- ABS CBN News
- AMID ‘MUTINEERS’ IMPENDING RELEASE Aquino asked: What about the Morong 43? -- Inquirer.net
- Morong 43 report under review -- Palace legal team