Ma. Mercedes Castro or Mercy Castro, one of the Morong 43 moms just gave birth yesterday, October 18, to a baby girl thru caesarian section at the Philippine General Hospital.
“We are happy that despite all the suffering and injustice Mercy and Morong 43 endured, she gave birth to a healthy baby girl. We hope that she and her child will no longer be threatened of being separated out of an unjust and illegal detention”said Dr. Julie Caguiat, spokesperson, FREE THE MORONG 43 HEALTH WORKERS ALLIANCE.
“We maintain our call that the Mercy Castro be immediately released not just because of humanitarian reasons but the because of the prolonged injustice against her and the Morong 43 collectively” Caguiat said.
Mercy Castro had a delicate pregnancy because of her asthma and made worse because her pregnancy was spent mostly in jail considering that Morong 43 have been illegally detained for 8 months. During her pregnancy, she has been denied pre-natal check-up twice. Castro is the second detaineee to birth among the Morong 43. Earlier, Judilyn Oliveros also gave birth at the PGH where she now remains under hospital detention as she breastfeeds her child.
The group said they would take legal actions to allow Castro to be released in order to recover and take care of her newborn. “We expect that the Aquino administration and the court gives due recognition of this fact and alllow Castro to recover and take care of her child, just like Judilyn Oliveros and just like every mother should” Dr. Caguiat said.
Meanwhile, Dr. Merry-Mia Clamor, 34 yrs old, was brought to PGH today because of her scheduled medical check-up. The doctor has since been suffering from hypertension and diabetes. The Morong RTC court allowed the medical consultation thru a court order dated October 5. Clamor was also brought back today to Camp Bagong Diwa and is set to admitted again to PGH following recommendations of an endocrinologist and thru another order from the court.
Ultimately, the group urges the Aquino administration to immediately move to withdraw the case against the Morong 43.
Dr. Julie Caguiat
Spokesperson, FREE THE 43 HEALTH WORKERS ALLIANCE
Mobile – 0909 113 3038 / 0919 486 1580
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
- Dec (35)
- Nov (24)
- No timetable set for Morong 43’s release, says Mal...
- Philippines Peace Advocates Visit Whangarei
- Army Engaging in Double Talk on Morong 43
- Letter: JALISA to President Aquino
- Aquino’s Recognition of Wrongful Arrest Enough Bas...
- Morong 43 could have served in communities swept b...
- Another Morong 43 mom gives birth; detained doctor...
- Three former health secretaries support call for t...
- Aquino’s Credibility and Philippine Rule of Law wi...
- Letter to President Benigno Simeon Aquino III
- An open letter to President Benigno Simeon Aquino ...
- HEAD to PNoy: Exercise Political Will, Release the...
- ‘Rectifying errors’ in Morong 43 arrest should end...
- Relatives appeal to PNoy to free the Morong 43
- MEDIA ADVISORY
- TWO–DAY FASTING FOR MORONG 43 HEALTH WORKERS START...
- Eight months and one hundred days
- Urgent Call to release immediately the 43 health w...
- MEDIA ADVISORY
- Foreign human rights lawyers back NUPL
- “The AFP can manufacture evidence but they cannot ...
- Sep (12)
- Aug (19)
- Jul (9)
- Jun (21)
- May (5)
- Apr (22)
- Mar (30)
- Feb (58)
- QC-RTC Branch 226 pinagpaliban ang kaso ng Morong 43 vs GMA
- Pagdinig ng QC-RTC Branch 226 sa kaso ng Morong 43 muling ipinagpaliban
- Court hears P15M damage suit filed by Morong 43 vs Arroyo, former top military, police officials
- President slammed over inaction in ‘Morong 43’ case
- Joker Arroyo: Releasing ‘Morong 43’ simple justice
- DoJ chief gives Aquino revised memo on 'Morong 43'
- Palace vows to heed call of Morong 43 -- mb.com.ph
- 'Morong 43' on hunger strike to ask for release -- GMA News.tv
- 'Morong 43' go on hunger strike -- Asian Correspondent
- 'Morong 43' holds hunger strike -- Sun Star Manila
- ‘Morong 43’ goes on hunger strike -- ATN
- 'Morong 43' on hunger strike to ask for release
- Morong 43 go on hunger strike -- ABS CBN News
- AMID ‘MUTINEERS’ IMPENDING RELEASE Aquino asked: What about the Morong 43? -- Inquirer.net
- Morong 43 report under review -- Palace legal team