They braved indefinable forms of human rights violations so that they may live to see the day when they will finally be reunited with their families and people they serve.? The Morong 43 are finally free!
Today, ten months of roaring cries for freedom and justice voiced in different languages from all over the world bears fruit.Judge Gina Cenit Escoto, presiding judge of the Morong Regional Trial Court Branch 78 has finally released a decision late in the afternoon today to withdraw all cases filed against all of the 43 health workers.
Thirty-eight of the health workers were detained at Camp Bagong Diwa, Taguig City since May 1 while five others remained in military custody since their illegal arrest at Camp Capinpin in Tanay, Rizal.
Relatives and supporters have been waiting anxiously outside the Morong RTC since Department of Justice Secretary Leila de Lima filed for a motion to withdraw the cases Monday this week. They peacefully 'picketed outside' the court building since Wednesday.
After the judge released the official decision, court staffs followed by the Morong 43 relatives and supporters proceeded to Camp Bagong Diwa, a civilian detention facility, to deliver the hard copy of the order which will facilitate the release of the detained health workers.
Registered nurse and alliance spokesperson Carlos Montemayor said that the health workers underwent a mandatory physical check-up by prison doctors for clearance, a requirement before a detainee is released from the prison camp's custody.
Nursing mothers Judielyn Oliveros and Mercy Castro were transported from the Philippine General Hospital to Camp Bagong Diwa with their newborns to undergo prison protocols before they too are finally released.
From Taguig, the health workers will proceed to Quezon City for a press conference to thank all the people, including the media for keeping the faith and not giving up on their case. Montemayor said that the Morong 43 took strength and refuge in the massive local and international support this campaign gained since day one adding the struggle to free the 43 is within the overall struggle to free all political prisoners.
"Definitely, this is not the end of their story. The international movement on the campaign for health and human rights welcomes the additional 43 people with burning fervor and inspiration," Montemayor added. ##
Carlos Montemayor, RN
0922 499 6237 / (+632) 929 8109
Saturday, December 18, 2010
- Morong 43 Release in Pictures
- Freedom of the Morong 43 is fruit of the people's ...
- ‘Morong 43’ women first to walk out of detention
- Finally, most of the 43 Philippine health workers ...
- Relatives and supporters vow to keep vigil until j...
- Courts order release 43 health workers freed
- Pagsaludo sa "Morong 43" [ Salute to the Morong 43...
- US-backed P-Noy is No Champion of Human Rights-- B...
- Full text of the Memorandum on the immediate withd...
- A Call for Freedom on Human Rights Day
- Don’t be onion-skinned on Morong 43 issue, Aquino ...
- WE SUPPORT THE HUNGER STRIKE OF THE MORONG 43
- Chiz: Free Morong 43
- Statement of the People's Health Movement-Southeas...
- Group hits P-noy annoyance on Morong 43 questions....
- Release them
- MAKABAYAN demands the release of Morong 43
- SET THEM FREE: A Candlelight Vigil at the Philippi...
- Enough of Presidential Word Play! Effect the Immed...
- DOJ Picket
- 'Morong 43' lawyer: Aquino has wrong info
- Palace should make categorical statement on Morong...
- 43 for the 43
- Ten months is enough, withdraw all cases against t...
- PNOY SHOULD END HIS TIRED REFRAIN AND RELEASE THE ...
- ‘Morong 43’ detainees getting sick due to hunger s...
- GABRIELA-USA Calls for Solidarity as the 43 Health...
- Medical team was not allowed to conduct a medical ...
- Morong 43’s Hunger Strike is not only legitimate, ...
- INTERNATIONAL CHURCH LEADERS/REPRESENTATIVES DELEG...
- Hunger Strike Day 1
- Statement of the Morong 43 on Day 1 of their Hunge...
- Call to International Networks in Support of Moron...
- Lawyers, doctors, nurses, and health workers march...
- JOINT STATEMENT ON THE INTERNATIONAL DAY OF SOLIDA...
- Nov (24)
- Oct (21)
- Sep (12)
- Aug (19)
- Jul (9)
- Jun (21)
- May (5)
- Apr (22)
- Mar (30)
- Feb (58)
- Dec (35)
- QC-RTC Branch 226 pinagpaliban ang kaso ng Morong 43 vs GMA
- Pagdinig ng QC-RTC Branch 226 sa kaso ng Morong 43 muling ipinagpaliban
- Court hears P15M damage suit filed by Morong 43 vs Arroyo, former top military, police officials
- President slammed over inaction in ‘Morong 43’ case
- Joker Arroyo: Releasing ‘Morong 43’ simple justice
- DoJ chief gives Aquino revised memo on 'Morong 43'
- Palace vows to heed call of Morong 43 -- mb.com.ph
- 'Morong 43' on hunger strike to ask for release -- GMA News.tv
- 'Morong 43' go on hunger strike -- Asian Correspondent
- 'Morong 43' holds hunger strike -- Sun Star Manila
- ‘Morong 43’ goes on hunger strike -- ATN
- 'Morong 43' on hunger strike to ask for release
- Morong 43 go on hunger strike -- ABS CBN News
- AMID ‘MUTINEERS’ IMPENDING RELEASE Aquino asked: What about the Morong 43? -- Inquirer.net
- Morong 43 report under review -- Palace legal team