“See you then in court!” is the quick reaction of Gary Liberal, spokesperson of the Morong 43 about the statement of Gloria Macapagal-Arrroyo, through her spokesperson, Elena Bautista-Horn that she had nothing to do with the Morong 43 case.
“GMA can deny her involvement all she wants of how we 43 health workers were illegally arrested, detained for one year, physically and mentally tortured during our incarceration. But the fact remains that GMA as Commander-in-Chief did not lift a finger to correct and act decisively on the wrongdoings, on the serious human rights violations committed against us by the military and police officers under her command,” furthered Liberal.
Up until GMA’s end of term in June 2010, Liberal shared that the their families and friends, the Morong 43 and other local and international networks have sought dialogues, made representations, written appeals and petitions to GMA to act on their illegal arrest and detention as well as to press for their immediate release. But all these efforts, Liberal said, “fell on deaf ears”.
“As Commander-in-Chief, GMA possessed control over the military. She cannot get away with the inhumane acts that her administration committed and tolerated. She must assume responsibility and made to account for the eleven months we Morong 43 were made to suffer and for all the other gross human rights violations committed under her leadership,” concluded Liberal.
Mr. Gary Liberal
Spokesperson, Group of Morong 43 Complainants
Mobile number: 0922-5751689
- Nov (4)
- Sep (3)
- Jul (1)
- May (2)
- Mar (1)
- QC-RTC Branch 226 pinagpaliban ang kaso ng Morong 43 vs GMA
- Pagdinig ng QC-RTC Branch 226 sa kaso ng Morong 43 muling ipinagpaliban
- Court hears P15M damage suit filed by Morong 43 vs Arroyo, former top military, police officials
- President slammed over inaction in ‘Morong 43’ case
- Joker Arroyo: Releasing ‘Morong 43’ simple justice
- DoJ chief gives Aquino revised memo on 'Morong 43'
- Palace vows to heed call of Morong 43 -- mb.com.ph
- 'Morong 43' on hunger strike to ask for release -- GMA News.tv
- 'Morong 43' go on hunger strike -- Asian Correspondent
- 'Morong 43' holds hunger strike -- Sun Star Manila
- ‘Morong 43’ goes on hunger strike -- ATN
- 'Morong 43' on hunger strike to ask for release
- Morong 43 go on hunger strike -- ABS CBN News
- AMID ‘MUTINEERS’ IMPENDING RELEASE Aquino asked: What about the Morong 43? -- Inquirer.net
- Morong 43 report under review -- Palace legal team