Free the 43 Health Workers! Alliance trooped to Malacañang again today to seek a dialogue with the President himself to order the release of the Morong 43 following his declaration that evidences against the health workers were wrongly gotten.
Relatives, supporters, and representatives from the health sector once again knocked on the doors of the Palace to ask the President to stop dilly-dallying with the case and let justice commence by withdrawing all cases against the 43.
“We will not tire on knocking on the doors of the President’s office until he hears our plea. Every day that the health workers spend in jail is a day of injustice,” Dr. Julie P. Caguiat said.
It is very ironic that as President Aquino joins other world leaders in calling for the release of Aung San Suu Kyi, a pro-democracy political icon that sought to counter the military junta in Myanmar, he is mum on the continuing human rights violations reeking in his very country, the group said.
She added that Malacañang’s lack of time frame to concretely act on the case is very disappointing. “Mr. Aquino should walk the talk and not limit himself to lip service. If indeed he wants to correct the errors committed against the 43, what or who is holding him from acting on the case immediately?” Dr. Caguiat expressed.
Ordering the withdrawal of all cases against the Morong 43 is within the President’s authority, the group said. They added that by doing so, the courts can consequently order for the detainees’ release. “By freeing the Morong 43 and all political prisoners in the country, President Aquino can prove that he is indeed different from his predecessor Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo,” the group concluded.##
Dr. Julie Caguiat
Spokesperson, 0909 113 3038
Media Officer, 0919 486 1580
- Dec (35)
- Morong 43 release now DoJ’s call
- ‘Morong 43’ taking care of health needs of fellow ...
- PLM medical community joins call to release of Mor...
- To P-noy, please don’t wash hands on Morong 43
- Gone too soon
- A Resolution Calling for the Immediate Release Of ...
- Nine months more than enough time to realize the a...
- Morong 43 Alliance Press Conference, Nov. 17 "Reac...
- Aquino to receive review of Morong 43 case this we...
- ‘Morong 43’ sees hope in Monday meet with Malacaña...
- Illegal arrest, torture is what AFP defines as ‘de...
- Bayan Canada Staged Rally infront of the Philippin...
- The Free the 43 Committee Visits the Philippine Co...
- International conference in Copenhagen adopts reso...
- ASIAN MEDICAL STUDENTS’ ASSOCIATION - PHILIPPINES ...
- Website of group who sponsored Morong 43 training ...
- IFMSA Brazil Statement on Morong 43
- Protests, police blockade mark 9th month in detent...
- 24 Oras: Morong 43 Sympathizers face off with poli...
- International Day of Action to Free the Morong 43!...
- (HKCAHRPP) calls on President Benigno Aquino III t...
- Morong 43 group to P-Noy: do the right thing now
- Lawyers Rights Watch Canada seeks immediate releas...
- What is preventing President Aquino to order the r...
- Oct (21)
- Sep (12)
- Aug (19)
- Jul (9)
- Jun (21)
- May (5)
- Apr (22)
- Mar (30)
- Feb (58)
- QC-RTC Branch 226 pinagpaliban ang kaso ng Morong 43 vs GMA
- Pagdinig ng QC-RTC Branch 226 sa kaso ng Morong 43 muling ipinagpaliban
- Court hears P15M damage suit filed by Morong 43 vs Arroyo, former top military, police officials
- President slammed over inaction in ‘Morong 43’ case
- Joker Arroyo: Releasing ‘Morong 43’ simple justice
- DoJ chief gives Aquino revised memo on 'Morong 43'
- Palace vows to heed call of Morong 43 -- mb.com.ph
- 'Morong 43' on hunger strike to ask for release -- GMA News.tv
- 'Morong 43' go on hunger strike -- Asian Correspondent
- 'Morong 43' holds hunger strike -- Sun Star Manila
- ‘Morong 43’ goes on hunger strike -- ATN
- 'Morong 43' on hunger strike to ask for release
- Morong 43 go on hunger strike -- ABS CBN News
- AMID ‘MUTINEERS’ IMPENDING RELEASE Aquino asked: What about the Morong 43? -- Inquirer.net
- Morong 43 report under review -- Palace legal team